This release includes support for the new Web of Science format, network overlays on the Geographical map and Prefuse's visualizations on Mac's OS X. See the change log below for full details.
Download an offline copy of this manual (87.6 MB) (Updated May 31, 2011)
Download an offline copy of the CIShell Manual, which contains algorithm documentation for Sci2 (19.9 MB) (Updated May 31, 2011)
Tool Change Log
- Adds support for the new Web of Science format from ISI. This will allow the user to load both old and new ISI data downloaded from the ISI site.
- Adds support for network overlays on the Geographical map. This will allow Sci2 users to generate a geographical network through Sci2, Gephi and Adobe Photoshop. See tutorial here
- Adds support for Prefuse's visualizations on Mac's OS X. This will allow Mac's OS X users to be able to access all the visualization algorithms in Sci2, including Tree Map, Tree View, Radial Graph, etc.
- Triples the speed and reduces memory usage by 70% for the Extract Top N Nodes and Extract Top N Edges algorithms. This will allow Sci2 to support rendering for bigger networks.
- Unified merging algorithms used by database
- Fixed legend boundary issue for geographical maps
- Fixed a typo on the output data label
- Fixed slice by year bug for databases