Addresses appear in standard ISI data in three forms: as Publisher Addresses, Reprint Addresses, and Research Addresses. Parsing addresses into their components is an inherently complex problem to solve algorithmically, so we simply do not do that. However, the database schema attempts to accommodate for the most common address components for flexibility with future loader versions and custom user queries.
This table contains the following fields:
- PK: Automatically generated. Guarantees uniqueness.
- ADDRESS_CITY: Currently not used.
- ADDRESS_COUNTRY: Currently not used.
- ADDRESS_POSTAL_CODE: Currently not used.
- RAW_ADDRESS_STRING: The exact address string as found in the original ISI dataset. Also guarantees uniqueness.
- ADDRESS_STATE_OR_PROVINCE: Currently not used.
- STREET_ADDRESS: Currently not used.
- Addresses with the same RAW_ADDRESS_STRING are automatically merged to be the same addresses.