Cytoscape (http://www.cytoscape.org) is an open source software platform for visualizing networks and integrating these with any type of attribute data. Although Cytoscape was originally designed for biological research, now it is a general platform for network analysis and visualization. A variety of layout algorithms are available, including cyclic, tree, force-directed, edge-weight, and yFiles Organic layouts. Cytoscape tool can also be added to the Sci2 Tool as a plugin, permitting that the networks generated at Sci2 be visualized in Cystoscape.
To add Database, Cytoscape plugins,
Congressional District Geocoder, and New ISI File Format to Sci2
- Download these files that contain additional plugins to add Database, Balloon Graph, Cytoscape, and Congressional District Geocoder, and New ISI File Format plugins to Sci2:
- DatabasePlugins.zip (unzip to obtain the jar files that will be inside a folder named DatabasePlugins)
- BalloonGraph.zip (unzip to obtain the jar files that will be inside a folder named BalloonGraph)
- WOS-plugins.zip provides the support for the newest version of the ISI Web of Science file format. See ISI (*.isi) for more information
- Copy these jar files to the directory /plugins of Sci2directory
- Download the file default_menu.xml and copy it to the directory configuration/ under Sci2 directory, replacing the older version of this file. This file specifies where each plugin added will be located at the menu.
- The next time the Sci2 Tool is loaded after this modifications, this additional plugins will appear as new menu items.