- Node (Author)
- All data from the PERSON table.
- A generated prettified label for identifying this Author.
- The number of documents authored in your dataset.
- Number of documents authored in your dataset.
- Directed Edge (Citation)
- The number of times the target node Author cited the source node Author.
- Publication year of the earliest citing document.
Load an ISI file into the tool, then create a database from it using the ISI database loader.
It is strongly recommended that the database be cleaned before extracting any citation networks from it.
For a quick analysis of a small dataset you may wish to merge together Author entities with identical names. For a scientifically sound analysis of a larger dataset, you can find Author entity merging suggestions (or manually set your own merging orders from scratch) and perform the merge.
Then, you will probably want to merge together Source entities according to recognized variants.
Finally, you must match References up to Documents in your dataset (there are no citations to analyze, otherwise).