The workshop will have a hackathon section where the participants will form their own team. Each team will create a new CIShell / Sci2 plugin, such as an Average plugin, Text Normalizer plugin, Burst Detection plugin, or Community Detection plugin. You can choose to wrap an existing Java algorithm as a CIShell / Sci2 plugin. It is always good to think ahead for a suitable Java plugin.
Important: Laptop / Notebook is require for this workshop. Please bring a laptop / Notebook that can The workshop will require a laptop or notebook that can be used for development.
These are the tools needed. Download and unzip the tools before attend attending the workshop.
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (Juno or Kepler): http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
- CIShell executable: http://cishell.org/nightly/188.8.131.52310290006NGT/
- Sci2 executable: https://sci2.cns.iu.edu
- Java 6 (or 32-bit Java 7 ): http://java.com/en/download/
- Setup CIShell development environment: http://wiki.cns.iu.edu/display/CISHELL/CIShell+2.0+-+Setting+Up+the+Development+Environment
- Developing a single plugin: http://wiki.cns.iu.edu/display/CISHELL/Developing+a+Single+Plugin
- CIShell Java Doc: http://cishell.org/dev/docs/spec/api-1.0/