Data Preparation > Database > ISI > Extract References By Year For Burst Detection
Extracts references by year for burst detection. The result is a table that consists of the following columns:
- Reference: The full, unaltered reference string found in the original ISI dataset.
- Reference ID: The primary key of the REFERENCE record in the ISI database.
- Year: One of potentially several years this reference was cited by a document listed in the ISI dataset.
Load an ISI file into the tool, then create a database from it using the ISI database loader.
Given your ISI database, run this extraction on it. Normalize the text of the results on the column you are detecting bursts on (probably REFERENCE). Run burst detection on the results of the normalized text.
- Source code
- The database query used to extract the table
- Load ISI File into Database
- Normalize Text?
- Burst Detection